· Participation in Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Dudhgaon Dist-Sangli in 1909.
· Founded Rayat Shikshan Sanstha at Kale Tal-Karad Dist-Satara in 1919 for the Education of the rural children. The head quarter of Sanstha shifted to Satara in 1924.
· Opened hostel at Nerle, Tal-Walva in 1921
· Opened hostel at Satara in 1924 for the students belonging to all the religions and castes. It was named as Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Boarding at the auspicious hands of Mahatma Gandhi. Mahatma Gandhi extended help of Rs.500/- every year to this hostel from the funds of Harijan Sevak Sangh.
· Opened Union Boarding House at Pune in 1932 for the students studying in university and colleges.
· Registered Rayat Shikshan Sanstha in 1935 as per legal provision and started Training College to train the primary teachers.
· Opened the first primary school at Satara in 1936 in the name of Hon.R.B.Kale, the second President of the Sanstha.
· Opened the first Voluntary School at Yawateshwar a village in hilly area in 1938. Then he opened 578 schools in hilly and dry area villages.
· Opened free and residential secondary school in the name of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad in 1940 for the poor and needs students belonging to different classes of society.
· Opened hostel for girls in 1940 and training college for the primary women teachers. He started 101 secondary schools in rural area during his lifespan.
· Started Chhatrapati Shivaji College at Satara the first college in rural Mumbai Region in 1947. Initially it was free and residential and later on turned as open for day scholars too.
· Opened Sant Gadage Maharaj College at Karad, the rural area.
· Started the first B.Ed.College at Satara in the Name of Moulana Azad.
· Participation in the task force for the solutions of Primary Teachers problems in Services and counseling to State Primary Teacher Union.
· A government nominee of Pune University, Court.
· Advisor of Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Malegaon.
· A member of Lathe Education Society, Sangli.
· A member of the Provincial Board for Education-- Mumbai State.
· Created the ideals in the national field of education through various experiments such as education for self-reliance, dignity of labour, Earn and Learn scheme.
· Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil breathed his last on 9th May, 1959. He was fortunate enough to see his vow of opening 101 High Schools in the name of Mahatama Gandhi and imparting education to more children than were hair in his beard, duly fulfilled. During his life time, Sanstha was conducting 38 cosmopolitan boardings, 578 Voluntary schools, 6 training colleges, 108 secondary schools and three colleges. Long before Bhaurao passed away, he had donated his own land to the schools of the Sanstha at Aitwade Budruk., he had no house of his own at Satara and no account whatsoever in any bank.